Skip to main content

TIPS - 6 BENEFITS OF ACQUIRING A SKILL & WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR SKILLS

As part of your new year resolution, kindly include learning and acquiring a skill, as it will sustain you in economic crisis such as the recession and increase in exchange rate. Skill acquisition involes being trained in a task and becoming an expert in it. Here are 6 ways learning a skill will save you.


1.
It will save you sum bulks (money) - You may not want to make a living out of any skill you are learning, but you sure will save lots of money, especially in this recession if you can DIY ( Do it yourself ) . Before I decided to finally learn how to sew simple and basic outfits, the tailors use to call outrageous prices, just to make a straight pencil skirt or cold shoulder top for me. I finally learned how to and I made this simple Cold shoulder top for I & my Sister. Its not like I want to become a tailor.

                                    2.
 You can become resourceful by teaching and impacting lives with whatever skill you know - This can serve as a way of giving back to the society, by teaching prisoners or the less privileged, so that they can make a living for themselves

3.
You will be knowledgeable - Knowledge is power! You know that feeling when you can contribute actively to a team because of your knowledge or exhibit your skills. In 2016, I attended Princess Dolapo Oni Sijuwade's seminar "The Presenters Workshop" where she taught the Skills of being a presenter, after that workshop, I exhibited some of the skills at an audition for a TV show and immediately, I got a pass. Knowledge and Learning keeps you relevant.

4.
You will become highly sourced for and marketable - In a competitive working environment or as an Entrepreneur, you need to sharpen your skills, get skilled in your craft, as this will earn you a promotion and more money. I just finished an online course in "The Power of Social media" from Future Learn Southampton University, Branding, Basics of Broadcast Journalism and Social media Marketing, all online
 With these, I have been making money from freelancing, managing blogs, websites for companies and working on contracts, as a social media manager, a content creator and offer PR services. Now I have started a Branding & Social media consulting firm called 'THE LIFESTYLE BRAND CONSULT' 

5. 
You can make a living out of any skill you have learned - After my Bsc in computer science, I went ahead to get a skill in graphic design from NIIT, with that, I am currently running a graphic Tshirt line called "Ethnics Graphic Tees" 

                                    6. 
It can serve as a side Hustle - A friend of mine who works as a Human resource manager, does photography during weekends at events, another one makes Ankara crafts during her spare time away from her 9am - 5pm

                        Do you see a man with Skills, he will stand before Kings and not obscure men : Proverbs 22:29 What skill do you have? Share in the comment section.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STYLE - WHO ROCKED IT WELL?

Good day beautiful people, due to popular demand *winks* am doing this post, my last post about the yellow mustard had most of  my readers trying out the mustard colour and sending them to me. Of all the entries I have received, I chose three and decided my readers should vote who rocked it well. My apologies to you, if you sent a picture and I didn't post it. Here are the pictures of the three ladies you would be voting for: Ada Linda Uche Did I forget to mention that the person with the highest vote would receive an ETHNIQUE accessory hand crafted by me, yes me. Don forget, voting ends on Friday the 23rd of August 2013. Now let the voting start, throw in you comments and votes.

POST EVENT RELEASE - LADIES AT HANG OUT WITH TEE4

It’s been a month since Hangoutwithtee hosted its 4 th edition of the Hangoutwithtee ladies event and the feedback has been incredibly positive and the overall event was received as “inspirational”! The ladies gathered Sunday afternoon, March 18 th , 2018 at Firewood, Sabo Yaba for an afternoon of fun with 150+ women in attendance.   Tomi Odunsi at the 4th Edition of Hangout With Tee

FEATURED - HANDMAID IN AFRICA:ANKARA CRAFT

I like to celebrate people who inspire others; I like to celebrate Africa, I like to celebrate young entrepreneurs like myself. The last time I was at the 2013 July edition of the LPM, I met an interesting young woman who fascinated me with her works by breaking away from the norm and doing something different. It’s the CEO Hand Maid in Africa, let’s meet her. Nene Aderohunmu is a young woman who is into stationeries such as pencil cups, books, sticky pads, diary, and household decorative like wall frames, picture frames, and jewelry box all made with Ankara and hand crafted by her. ETHNIQUE:  How and when did you start?