Skip to main content

TIPS - 3 TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL FAMILY CHRISTMAS PHOTOSHOOT & THE FAMILY CHRISTMAS PHOTOS THAT ROCKED IN 2016

The Yobo's
Compliments of the season! Hope you are all having a nice time and anticipating the beginning of a wonderful year 2017! So two Christmas ago, my family tried to get a Christmas photoshoot done, after we have seen beautiful ones from the Yobos and the Kadarshians, my Mum is now turning "new School" we agreed as a family, got our outfits ready, chose our colors and contacted our photographer, it was a time to also have a full family portrait together as adults before more responsibilities like marriage, traveling out and growing up sets in. The day came, and we never went through with it. Reason; The timing was wrong! We had lots of visitors trooping in 😥 Dad chose 25th of December! Who does that? I couldn't object as the planner that I am, I had to work with the date, since he had his job and other responsibilities. I will one day share excerpts from our Family Christmas photoshoot gone wrong.
So with that I contacted families I love their christmas photoshoot and here are the Tips they shared with me on how to get a successful Family Christmas themed Photoshoot:
1.
EARLY PLANNING: According to +Cheechee Live  planning early for her family Christmas themed photoshoot, helped a great deal, as it gave her time to get her pretty kids ready. Early planning involves informing family members, most importantly planning together gives everyone a sense of responsibility, making arrangements for outfits, props, colors, theme, contacting the photographer and chosing location for the shoot. The reason behind the early planning is to enable my family send out early Christmas greetings with the family pictures, says Chee Chee. Planning early is planning for the future!
The Abangs
2.
PROPER TIMING: After my family Christmas themed photoshoot went wrong, due to wrong timing, I can rightfully say that choosing the right date and time is the most important tip. It is quite difficult to get everyone together at the same venue and at the same time, but start singing to every family member's hearing about the need for a family Photoshoot, at least 4months before Christmas. A weekend,  2 months before Christmas is advisable for the photoshoot, for many obvious reasons like the return of overseas family members, Christmas in the air to inspire the mood. Since its a family christmas photoshoot, you want to release it and send greetings on the 25th of December, it should be done earlier and not on that day! My Dad thought that 25th December will be perfect, since we all eat together at the table every Christmas with no one missing or work related excuses. We didnt think our guests will show up.
The Dakolo's
3.
IMPROVISE : This too is important. You don't need to break the bank. A good photographer, Costumes, Framing and Editing the pictures can be quite pricey. So here is the trick, if you own a good DSLR camera, you can get a family friend to take photos of your family, they won't charge you for it. For costumes, everyone can work with a common colour which is a staple in every wardrobe, like the Okoye's in this picture. As for location, the family Christmas photos I love this year 2016 were taken at home! You can work with wall papers or look for a beautiful spot, decorate it and voilà you are good to go.
The Okoye's

With these tips, I look forward to seeing your lovely family Christmas photos in December 2017





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STYLE - WHO ROCKED IT WELL?

Good day beautiful people, due to popular demand *winks* am doing this post, my last post about the yellow mustard had most of  my readers trying out the mustard colour and sending them to me. Of all the entries I have received, I chose three and decided my readers should vote who rocked it well. My apologies to you, if you sent a picture and I didn't post it. Here are the pictures of the three ladies you would be voting for: Ada Linda Uche Did I forget to mention that the person with the highest vote would receive an ETHNIQUE accessory hand crafted by me, yes me. Don forget, voting ends on Friday the 23rd of August 2013. Now let the voting start, throw in you comments and votes.

POST EVENT RELEASE - LADIES AT HANG OUT WITH TEE4

It’s been a month since Hangoutwithtee hosted its 4 th edition of the Hangoutwithtee ladies event and the feedback has been incredibly positive and the overall event was received as “inspirational”! The ladies gathered Sunday afternoon, March 18 th , 2018 at Firewood, Sabo Yaba for an afternoon of fun with 150+ women in attendance.   Tomi Odunsi at the 4th Edition of Hangout With Tee

FEATURED - HANDMAID IN AFRICA:ANKARA CRAFT

I like to celebrate people who inspire others; I like to celebrate Africa, I like to celebrate young entrepreneurs like myself. The last time I was at the 2013 July edition of the LPM, I met an interesting young woman who fascinated me with her works by breaking away from the norm and doing something different. It’s the CEO Hand Maid in Africa, let’s meet her. Nene Aderohunmu is a young woman who is into stationeries such as pencil cups, books, sticky pads, diary, and household decorative like wall frames, picture frames, and jewelry box all made with Ankara and hand crafted by her. ETHNIQUE:  How and when did you start?