Skip to main content

CUISINE : TIPS - HEALTHY RICE RECIPES FOR CHRISTMAS

www.ethniques.blogspot.com
Vegetables and Rice
So Is there ever a celebration or party without Rice? Christmas is in just a few weeks and the Staple grain for the celebration is RICE! Really who doesn't eat rice to celebrate Christmas? This is for my fit FAM and everyone trying to get the body goals right for 2017!
Have you heard of Veggie Rice. Lots of my fit FAM friends exempt Rice from their diet, claiming it is "carbs" and contains lots of calories.  from my research, Rice has over 40,000 species which are grouped into Whole Rice and White Rice. Good news is Rice doesn't contain cholesterol, it stabilizes blood sugar level, it is also a rich source of vitamin B1. Though it contains a very high amount of carbohydrate, this carbohydrate is a great source of energy and aids in normal functioning of the brain. Carbs can also cause blotting if taken in excess, so here is how Veggie Rice helps:
1.
One of the healthiest ways to Eat Rice is with lots of uncooked, edible  vegetables! Examples of such veggies are Lettuce, Cucumber, carrots, cabbage, broccoli and more! It is crunchy and tastes sweet. Fresh Vegetables contains Antioxidants and Vitamins that are very essential to the body, cucumber reduces stomach blotting. Salad is an excellent source of edible vegetables (vegetables you can eat without cooking).
Salad from @foodguidelines on Instagram
2.
Let the portion of the rice be inversely proportional to the veggies on your plate! That is to say let the vegetables be more than the rice!  Or equal to the rice if you are a rice lover.
3.
Make Sure to wash the raw rice before cooking, parboil it for about 15mins, sieve the water, then add clean water and allow to cook. This is to help take out excess carbohydrates.
4.
If you do not like veggies, then you can try the stir fry protein rice, I learnt this from @naijagirlnextdoor this means less frying, you get to lightly fry all your ingredients and cooked rice with a rich source of protein ranging from sea foods like fish, kalimari, crabs, oyster, and the likes in equal proportion with your rice, with this if you enjoy sea foods, you will serve it with less rice to accommodate more sea foods.
Stir fry Protein Rice by @naijagirlnextdoor
 And for the times I will get to attend weddings and all the house warming, I sure can't dictate to them what to serve, but I definitely know that Rice will be on the menu, when I eat rice with out my veggies, I will take purgatives like Garden eggs, then jog the next morning just to feel good with myself and retain my abs. So If you must eat rice in large quantity during this festive season, pls do lots of Jogging or cardio workout! Any other healthy creative ways to eat rice? Kindly share with us in the comment section.

In the other news, I am collaborating with few brands to host a giveaway soon, I will gift one of my blog faithfuls, I see thousands of view at the back end, but few comment in the comment section. My giveaway will be for the next active person here! Show the blog some love by dropping your comments
*Kisses*


Comments

  1. I always gain like 10 pounds immediately after the 25th cos its like the ultimate cheat day for me.
    God help me!
    lol
    I like the idea of the protein rice (not a huge fan of veggies). That might be my go-to option.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha! Sure porsh, I can relate to the extra pounds and cheat day thing, but we must stay healthy.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, Will surely try dis. Tanks for sharing. I enjoy Ur blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ade for stopping by. Have a merry Christmas.

      Delete

Post a Comment

THANK YOU FOR READING, DONT FORGET TO DROP YOUR COMMENTS.

Popular posts from this blog

STYLE - WHO ROCKED IT WELL?

Good day beautiful people, due to popular demand *winks* am doing this post, my last post about the yellow mustard had most of  my readers trying out the mustard colour and sending them to me. Of all the entries I have received, I chose three and decided my readers should vote who rocked it well. My apologies to you, if you sent a picture and I didn't post it. Here are the pictures of the three ladies you would be voting for: Ada Linda Uche Did I forget to mention that the person with the highest vote would receive an ETHNIQUE accessory hand crafted by me, yes me. Don forget, voting ends on Friday the 23rd of August 2013. Now let the voting start, throw in you comments and votes.

POST EVENT RELEASE - LADIES AT HANG OUT WITH TEE4

It’s been a month since Hangoutwithtee hosted its 4 th edition of the Hangoutwithtee ladies event and the feedback has been incredibly positive and the overall event was received as “inspirational”! The ladies gathered Sunday afternoon, March 18 th , 2018 at Firewood, Sabo Yaba for an afternoon of fun with 150+ women in attendance.   Tomi Odunsi at the 4th Edition of Hangout With Tee

FEATURED - HANDMAID IN AFRICA:ANKARA CRAFT

I like to celebrate people who inspire others; I like to celebrate Africa, I like to celebrate young entrepreneurs like myself. The last time I was at the 2013 July edition of the LPM, I met an interesting young woman who fascinated me with her works by breaking away from the norm and doing something different. It’s the CEO Hand Maid in Africa, let’s meet her. Nene Aderohunmu is a young woman who is into stationeries such as pencil cups, books, sticky pads, diary, and household decorative like wall frames, picture frames, and jewelry box all made with Ankara and hand crafted by her. ETHNIQUE:  How and when did you start?