Skip to main content

STYLE - HOW TO DRESS FOR BRUNCH X BRUNCH WITH TRACY NWAKPA

It is mid week and I thought to share outfit idea for Brunch. Styling for a brunch can be formal or casual depending on if the brunch is indoor or outdoor. It could be in a Hotel for a family get together, girls/ guys timeout, or album listening party or a more formal event.
Brunch In a Shift Dress

I was at a brunch earlier this month- Brunch with Tracy Nwakpa, I got invited by my PR friend, creative director at Euphorique PR and it was a casual brunch for Entrepreneurs. First I was torn between looking Casual yet glam and chic, since the brunch was for 11am and an indoor brunch. 

Eku Edewor and Tracy Nwakpa




Tracy's bruch was in door at Cafe Jade on Bishop oluwole, VI Lagos Nigeria. Cafe Jade is a simple and cozy hangout spot, with excellent yet affordable menu. This will be a review for another post. 
Here is what I took into consideration in preparation for the Brunch:
Kehinde, I and Sheila
  • Simple yet detailed chic dress: A dress can be Casual or Formal, based on how you style it or what you pair it with. The F&F Floral box dress I wore to the brunch can pass for a wedding outfit if I wore it with detailed heels and bulky jewelries. When going for an indoor brunch, forget the Jacket, suit, tie official pants, and official shirts. Throw on some simple gown, vintage, patterned shirt, flowy gown or floral outfit, casual yet chic / dude 
  • Eye catching footwear: Strappy Sandals, Sneakers, peep toe shoes, wedge and loafers are the way to go
  • Accessories : Light and simple is key, like Studs, pearls, pendant dangling necklace, sunshades, wrist watch and a simple bangles. I love knuckle rings.
  • Other details: Your nails should be done, makeup should be light, and you are good to go 
My goody bag





Tracy Nwakpa really dished out the naked truth on how she started out with media, her real life story as a struggling entrepreneur, how she found love and started Interior decoration by Obiageli and life lessons. Here are few quotes I took down at the event, I thought to share.




FOOD FOR THOUGHT FROM THE BRUNCH:
- Build a good relationship with God
- Help people
- Find your niche and what sets you apart from others
- Find your calling by knowin yourself like basic thing about you, then figure out how to make money from it.
- It is ok to try different thins till you find your company / niche
- Be Consistent
- Do not be reedy
- Take pride and ownership in what you do
There were lots of female entrepreneurs in the house, they shared their experiences, and we had lots to snack on.

What are your thoughts about stylin for brunch? Hope these food for thoughts I shared from the brunch are helpful.

Comments

  1. Looks like a fine gathering, nice photos and thoughts. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely dress for a brunch party. Thanks a lot for this post. We have been making plans for a brunch party at popular Seattle Venues. Going to buy a dress online for this party once I have booked an awesome venue.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

THANK YOU FOR READING, DONT FORGET TO DROP YOUR COMMENTS.

Popular posts from this blog

STYLE - WHO ROCKED IT WELL?

Good day beautiful people, due to popular demand *winks* am doing this post, my last post about the yellow mustard had most of  my readers trying out the mustard colour and sending them to me. Of all the entries I have received, I chose three and decided my readers should vote who rocked it well. My apologies to you, if you sent a picture and I didn't post it. Here are the pictures of the three ladies you would be voting for: Ada Linda Uche Did I forget to mention that the person with the highest vote would receive an ETHNIQUE accessory hand crafted by me, yes me. Don forget, voting ends on Friday the 23rd of August 2013. Now let the voting start, throw in you comments and votes.

POST EVENT RELEASE - LADIES AT HANG OUT WITH TEE4

It’s been a month since Hangoutwithtee hosted its 4 th edition of the Hangoutwithtee ladies event and the feedback has been incredibly positive and the overall event was received as “inspirational”! The ladies gathered Sunday afternoon, March 18 th , 2018 at Firewood, Sabo Yaba for an afternoon of fun with 150+ women in attendance.   Tomi Odunsi at the 4th Edition of Hangout With Tee

FEATURED - HANDMAID IN AFRICA:ANKARA CRAFT

I like to celebrate people who inspire others; I like to celebrate Africa, I like to celebrate young entrepreneurs like myself. The last time I was at the 2013 July edition of the LPM, I met an interesting young woman who fascinated me with her works by breaking away from the norm and doing something different. It’s the CEO Hand Maid in Africa, let’s meet her. Nene Aderohunmu is a young woman who is into stationeries such as pencil cups, books, sticky pads, diary, and household decorative like wall frames, picture frames, and jewelry box all made with Ankara and hand crafted by her. ETHNIQUE:  How and when did you start?