Happy New Year people! So it is cliché for everyone to sum up 2015 and bring out new rules for the new year 2016, but are you willing to change the old you? “You can’t expect anything to change, if you are not willing to change” I believe in New Habits and not New year Resolutions which will fade with the passing of each day.
If you are an entrepreneur, a startup, a woman or anyone who wants to make it in life, here are lessons & Tips from Mary M’Mukindia who Is a renowned Kenyan female Oil and Gas Industry professional. I watched her interview on NDANI TV online, it was my best video for 2015; I took with me life lessons. I have decided to share these useful tips from her on my Blog in words and in the video. If you need any Inspiration for the New Year or real life lessons and experience to learn from, watch this video. She calls it “Her African Dream, I call it Life Lessons & tips”
LIFE TIPS IN WORDS
So If you are Mobile data conscious, here is a sum up of the Video / Interview of Mary in words and her quotes that nailed it for me
- Have a good work / Life Balance. Find a way to be seen, go to parties, cocktails, Industry association meetings, socialize and network with people.
- Women need to self promote themselves more and do more to be noticed. They should claim their own success instead of giving it to the team. If you are good at something, then say it.
- In business, you are there for whom you are, not because of your gender.
- People are important, It is important to have a good team, the right people with the right attitude.
- Once you have the right team together, everything starts working. Learn to enjoy what you have at the moment, stop waiting to get fulfilled and to get to somewhere.
- Learning is a continuous process. Learn In your wisdom to enjoy what you have at the moment, while striving to be better at what you do.
- Do not be scared to ask, especially when you merit what you are asking for.
I really will like to be part of her full circle with Mary mentorship class for women.