Skip to main content

FEATURE - AFRICAN DREAM & LIFE TIPS BY MARY M’MUKINDIA

Happy New Year people! So it is cliché for everyone to sum up 2015 and bring out new rules for the new year 2016, but are you willing to change the old you? “You can’t expect anything to change, if you are not willing to change” I believe in New Habits and not New year Resolutions which will fade with the passing of each day. 
If you are an entrepreneur, a startup, a woman or anyone who wants to make it in life, here are lessons & Tips from Mary M’Mukindia who Is a renowned Kenyan female Oil and Gas Industry professional. I watched her interview on NDANI TV online, it was my best video for 2015; I took with me life lessons. I have decided to share these useful tips from her on my Blog in words and in the video. If you need any Inspiration for the New Year or real life lessons and experience to learn from, watch this video. She calls it “Her African Dream, I call it Life Lessons & tips”

THE VIDEO 



LIFE TIPS IN WORDS
So If you are Mobile data conscious, here is a sum up of the Video / Interview of Mary in words and her quotes that nailed it for me
  • Have a good work / Life Balance. Find a way to be seen, go to parties, cocktails, Industry association meetings, socialize and network with people.
  • Women need to self promote themselves more and do more to be noticed. They should claim their own success instead of giving it to the team. If you are good at something, then say it.

  • In business, you are there for whom you are, not because of your gender.
  • People are important, It is important to have a good team, the right people with the right attitude. 
  • Once you have the right team together, everything starts working. Learn to enjoy what you have at the moment, stop waiting to get fulfilled and to get to somewhere.
  • Learning is a continuous process. Learn In your wisdom to enjoy what you have at the moment, while striving to be better at what you do.
  • Do not be scared to ask, especially when you merit what you are asking for.
I really will like to be part of her full circle with Mary mentorship class for women.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STYLE - WHO ROCKED IT WELL?

Good day beautiful people, due to popular demand *winks* am doing this post, my last post about the yellow mustard had most of  my readers trying out the mustard colour and sending them to me. Of all the entries I have received, I chose three and decided my readers should vote who rocked it well. My apologies to you, if you sent a picture and I didn't post it. Here are the pictures of the three ladies you would be voting for: Ada Linda Uche Did I forget to mention that the person with the highest vote would receive an ETHNIQUE accessory hand crafted by me, yes me. Don forget, voting ends on Friday the 23rd of August 2013. Now let the voting start, throw in you comments and votes.

POST EVENT RELEASE - LADIES AT HANG OUT WITH TEE4

It’s been a month since Hangoutwithtee hosted its 4 th edition of the Hangoutwithtee ladies event and the feedback has been incredibly positive and the overall event was received as “inspirational”! The ladies gathered Sunday afternoon, March 18 th , 2018 at Firewood, Sabo Yaba for an afternoon of fun with 150+ women in attendance.   Tomi Odunsi at the 4th Edition of Hangout With Tee

FEATURED - HANDMAID IN AFRICA:ANKARA CRAFT

I like to celebrate people who inspire others; I like to celebrate Africa, I like to celebrate young entrepreneurs like myself. The last time I was at the 2013 July edition of the LPM, I met an interesting young woman who fascinated me with her works by breaking away from the norm and doing something different. It’s the CEO Hand Maid in Africa, let’s meet her. Nene Aderohunmu is a young woman who is into stationeries such as pencil cups, books, sticky pads, diary, and household decorative like wall frames, picture frames, and jewelry box all made with Ankara and hand crafted by her. ETHNIQUE:  How and when did you start?