Skip to main content

TRENDS - TOP 4 HAIR TRENDS THAT ROCKED IN 2015

The Crowning glory of a woman they say is her hair. Hmmmn! In 2015 the hair game was amazing, from colourful hair extensions to protective stylings and yes the #TeamNatural . The Hair industry got a lot creative with hair this year and everyone sure made a statement with their hair.

So here are the Top Four Hair trends that made it rock for me and most people in 2015:
THE FAUX LOCS : This has to be my favourite hair style,I have always loved the Rastafarian kinda hair style, and always wondered what its like to have a neater looking version, thanks to the inventor of this hair style. The Faux Locs have been in existence, but got popular this year 2015 as hair stylist found faster and easier ways of installing them.

                                        Moi

               Megan Good                                                               Zendaya

THE BOX BRAIDS: This can come in different styles and colours, we have the layered bob, grey, blue, purple and oxblood are the popular colours that comes in handy when styling the box braids. It is one of my favourite protective hair styles.
 
Sandra of Naija girl next door(grey box braid)                        Solange Knowles
          From the Kink & I  (Bob box braids)                                     Tyra Banks

GREY HAIR EXTENTION: The Colour grey is big this year, from clothing to makeup and hair, there is always a strand of  grey in that braids or hair extension. Having Grey is one hair style that is daring yet lovely on people who wear them, its either in Ombre or full length grey. I love the wavy and straight grey hair extension, most of  our celebrities have rocked it beautifully. "I thought grey hair is for the aged and wise, but now its a beauty statement"

 
                           Seyi Shay
 

TEAM NATURAL: And yes! Almost every Black person especially in Nigeria have started seeing the beauty in their Natural hair, we are beginning to embrace it and experiment with it. I love the Natural hair styles on Adaeze Igwe Yobo, Omoni Oboli and Nse Etim.

 
             Adaeze Yobo(in weaved fro hawk)                          Nse Etim accessorizing her fro

Cynthia Kamalu  in a bun                                                                Omoni Oboli

These hair trends have come to stay and you know what we look forward to see them and more creative ones in 2016. Am I missing out anyone? If yes, which hair style rocked for you?


Comments

  1. All unique looks, some more better than others but great still. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings to you too dear. Have a blissful celebration.

      Delete
  2. Culprit of 3 of d trends and loving it.yet to try the grey hair trend.maybe when next I'll be on leave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I plan to try the grey trend this 2016. Happy New year dear

      Delete

Post a Comment

THANK YOU FOR READING, DONT FORGET TO DROP YOUR COMMENTS.

Popular posts from this blog

STYLE - WHO ROCKED IT WELL?

Good day beautiful people, due to popular demand *winks* am doing this post, my last post about the yellow mustard had most of  my readers trying out the mustard colour and sending them to me. Of all the entries I have received, I chose three and decided my readers should vote who rocked it well. My apologies to you, if you sent a picture and I didn't post it. Here are the pictures of the three ladies you would be voting for: Ada Linda Uche Did I forget to mention that the person with the highest vote would receive an ETHNIQUE accessory hand crafted by me, yes me. Don forget, voting ends on Friday the 23rd of August 2013. Now let the voting start, throw in you comments and votes.

POST EVENT RELEASE - LADIES AT HANG OUT WITH TEE4

It’s been a month since Hangoutwithtee hosted its 4 th edition of the Hangoutwithtee ladies event and the feedback has been incredibly positive and the overall event was received as “inspirational”! The ladies gathered Sunday afternoon, March 18 th , 2018 at Firewood, Sabo Yaba for an afternoon of fun with 150+ women in attendance.   Tomi Odunsi at the 4th Edition of Hangout With Tee

FEATURED - HANDMAID IN AFRICA:ANKARA CRAFT

I like to celebrate people who inspire others; I like to celebrate Africa, I like to celebrate young entrepreneurs like myself. The last time I was at the 2013 July edition of the LPM, I met an interesting young woman who fascinated me with her works by breaking away from the norm and doing something different. It’s the CEO Hand Maid in Africa, let’s meet her. Nene Aderohunmu is a young woman who is into stationeries such as pencil cups, books, sticky pads, diary, and household decorative like wall frames, picture frames, and jewelry box all made with Ankara and hand crafted by her. ETHNIQUE:  How and when did you start?