Good health they say is Wealth. This adage is so true, as I have experienced what it is like to be ill and out of business due to ill health. This post should have been all about venting, but I changed my mind, got a better insight, so I have decided to educate.
SCENARIO 1: I was in a public transport a week ago *a good car is still on my 2015 wishlist* So the lady who sat beside me, kept scratching her hair for over 10 mins and then started pulling out her extention to my greatest shock, I got so upset and gently asked her to wait till she get home, simply because I was scared the dirt from her hair will fall on me, but she turned, hissed at me and muttered some offensive words *Now I need a car BADLY*
SCENARIO 2: Once at the office, my boss called in some guys, gave them mint chewing gum and a body spray *covers face* am sure you are not thinking its a reward for a job well done. My Boss is an epitome of Cleanliness and a very meticulous person.
SCENARIO 3:A very good friend of mine, we both call ourselves over the phone when there is an issue about to make us lose our temper in public, instead of venting in public, we call ourselves and share the issue *Our way of becoming sane in an insane society* He called me up just to step away from a bad situation of body odour in the banking hall.
- For LADIES, please lets learn to take out our hair extensions when its due and dirty, we can wash and care for our natural hair till we have money to style our hair. For GUYs, if you want to keep afro, please wash it else have a clean hair cut.
- Generally, a very good bath, twice a day with antiseptics is key, washing the necessary areas like the privates, if you sweat a lot, use a medicated soap, it is affordable. clean the ear and cut your nail cuticle.
- Toothbrush ain't expensive, brushing your mouth twice a day, especially the tongue with a toothpaste which contains calcium and mint for fresh breath and strong teeth .
- Please Body spray is compulsory not optional, there is a huge difference between a body spray and a perfume. Body spray sells for as low as 500naira and above (Nigerian currency), it leaves you feeling fresh, it helps hold back perspiration at the armpit area
- Wash your clothes especially your under wear manually or in a washing machine with detergent or soap then sun dry depending on the washing / drying condition, so as to prevent it from smelling damp. Endeavour to iron properly, so as to kill germs.
- Take care of your foot wear to avoid smelly feet, it is a big killer, it can choke someone to death, it can cause infection and permanent feet smell. Please sun dry your shoes when necessary, wear a socks if you sweat so much on your feet, wash your socks, buy shoes with good leather.
- Most importantly, drink lots of water,eat lots of fruits and vegetables for natural glowing skin and internal good health, inculcate good habits such as washing your hands, avoid picking your nose or scratching your hair in public
Like one of my mentors will say: STAY HEALTHY,WEALTHY AND WISE - Ogbo Awoke.