Hi everyone! irregular blogging has been my sin since this year, but I promise to repent. lol! So the NHCG event was hosted and organised by Dabs of Chic Savvy hair and beauty hub, as she celebrated her 5 years in the blogosphere with an interesting event that took place at Oriental Hotel Lagos . Congrats Dabs! There were 5 interesting speakers who enlightened us about their Natural hair journey, Texlaxed hair, Relaxed hair, Fros, Locs, Weaves and all forms of hair in the First stage of the event
We heard from Sandra ofwww.naijagirlnextdoor.blogspot.com ,Atilola of African Naturalistas, Dabs of Naija Hair Can Grow , Lade and Koyin a registered Trichologist
STUFFS I LEARNT
- That Alopecia (hair loss) is hereditary, it cant be cured but controlled
- That as a Naturalista, you don't need to always run a comb through your hair
- That if you are having receding hairline from always wearing hijab( hair covering for muslims female) you should wear silk hijabs and don't tighten your hijabs so as to prevent hair loss
- Most importantly I learnt there are different strokes for different folks in terms of the kind of products we use on our hair *Stop being a product junkie
- I learnt about the instant fro locks invented by Dabs
- I learnt how to make the instant hair updo by Kemi lewis
- I learnt a LOT! if you didn't come, you missed, just watch out for pictures here.
I, getting ready for the event. I like the fierceness from the red lips, red top and metallic head band *Cleopatra* winks*
At the venue for the event
Myself and the beautiful Sandra of Naija Girl Next Door she is so soft spoken, insightful, ever smiling and ready to mingle kind of person, really wanted to talk more with her, but she was so busy granting interviews
The second stage of the event saw Hair stylists do their thing.
Kemi Lewis of KL's natural teaching us the quick updo hair style
Patrick and his team of macho hair stylist from Patrick Beauty Zone doing their thing
Instant Faux Locks by Savvy & Chic Beauty Hub
The Third stage was the last and interesting part of the event, It was the Battle of Hairlistas organised and sponsored by Design Essentials.
There were two teams - Team on Fleek and Team Glammy Nappy
- Task1: Both teams came up with a daily hair routine under 5 minutes.
- Task 2: Both teams had 15 minutes to recreate a hairstyle
- Task 3: From Dab to Fab in 5 minutes.
- Task 4: Avant Garde recreation by both teams
Team On Fleek with the recreated style
Team Nappy Glammy with their own version of the recreated style
The Avant Garde hairstyle by both teams.
PICTURES OF VENDORS AND RANDOMS
This hair style got all the attention and shutter from the camera
Dabs on spice tv, yes Spice tv were media partners
The Shea butter cup in different flavour stand
Cake for the event.
I got myself a silk head wrap and an edge control.
Picture Credit: My Lumia 1520, Berry Darkar