Skip to main content

MONDAY RANDOMS- KEEPING UP WITH THE RESOLUTIONS/ HAPPY NEW MONTH

I spent part of this weekend looking for my Name on the Coke bottle. Hi peeps, how was your weekend? Mine was fun but before the gist, I would love to say Happy New Month, it is February the month of Love, most importantly my birth month and here in Nigeria it’s the year 2015 election month.

Back to the matter, it is no longer news that the Coca-Cola bottling and Beverage Company has been customizing names, even our local traditional Nigerian names on their bottles. I was at SHOPRITE SURULERE, then proceeded to SHOPRITE IKEJA Lagos Nigeria, after searching at Surulere to no avail, for a Coke bottle that has my name on it *covers face* while at the mall, I saw a lot of youths, kids with their parents and even adults at the coca-cola section looking for their names on Coke bottle. Chei! Who did this to us? Whoever the Brand strategist at the Coca-Cola bottling and Beverage Company is or the person, who thought about the campaign “share a coca-cola” is, must really be a genius. Asides’ being a genius, the person has generated more sales and more recognition for the brand am not saying this brand isn’t popular o! They have been around even before my existence, but you see they keep getting better and I don’t know why they feel the need to, why can’t they just allow us upcoming business owners to shine? As I was still standing there, the “YAB LINE : WHILE PEOPLE ARE LOOKING FOR THEIR NAMES ON FORBE LIST YOU ARE LOOKING FOR YOURS ON COKE BOTTLE” just came to my mind, and then I stepped aside forming like a “big girl” why should I be doing this? I left the mall to visit my friend and sweetheart, as I got there a conversation took place and in the conversation I was reminded that Instagram within two years of its existence was sold for one billion dollars to face book owner Mark Zuckerberg by the founder and co-founder Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger.  It dawned on me that I have to keep working hard and smart and KEEP UP WITH MY NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS, so as to reach my goals, instead of wasting my time enriching other brands by looking for my name on coke bottle *no bad belle to the brand o* good work coke, I just got inspired by your marketing and thinking out of the box strategy.


What’s up with me and this resolution sef? My Mum use to say in Igbo “mgbe onye ji tetea bu otutu ya’ meaning whenever you wake up your morning starts, I don’t buy that o! What if you wake at your grey age, what have you achieved? I had the privilege of attending THE PLATFORM at the Covenant center last year and that event saw moguls, professors, and people successful in their chosen fields speak to a hall filled with over 1000 individuals. One of the Speakers at that event was Caroline Arnold, the author of “SMALL MOVE BIG CHANGE” www.carolinelarnold.com/about/ and she gave us very useful TIPS on “how to effect change and make a resolution” I have been practicing them and I have seen great result. Here they are:

TIPS ON HOW TO KEEP UP WITH YOUR RESOLUTIONS.
·         Identify the one thing you want to change about you and focus on it, make micro resolution.
·         Resolve to change one thing that is easy, limited and reasonable.
·         Turn aspirations into actions (it is not to be different, but to do things differently) if you want to stop alcohol, maybe because of health reasons or any reason, you can substitute alcohol for water and when the temptation sets in remember how much you would want to be alive.
·         Let your Resolutions be Explicit, Measurable and precise.
·         Challenge yourself to make a change by changing yourself first.
·         Most importantly respect time and avoid procrastination.
I hope this tips have helped you change your mind set and would help you with your resolutions. Try this tips, see how achievable they are. More so read the book “small move big change” to get more practical tips 
I won’t forget to show you what I wore this weekend to the mall.
This is a new segment on my blog to rant and share tips, travel experience,  event experience, culinary expertise, my views, general fitness and hair tips, upcoming vlog about everything lifestyle . What do you think about it? Yay or nay? I am still looking for a name to give this, do you like Monday Random, Monday Rants, Inspirational Mondays Or what name do you suggest,? I am also working on my Vlog so that I don't bore you all with lengthy write ups. WATCH OUT!

Comments

  1. thx for the tips, I definitely need to keep my resolutions in line!

    http://marciabcreative.blogspot.ca/2015/02/the-truth-working-in-fashion.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe....gorgeous Uju.

    Really insightful and inspiring tips.

    I think Random Mondays is suitable but I will advise you to be more concerned with the contents and not the title.

    Vblog? I anticipate. XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks buddies for the complements and encouragements @ Stephen you are rights, I would focus on the content, @ Marcia your blog is power packed, I will keep ion touch. @Belu nwannem thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. resolutions..i avoided making any this year but this are good tips i will apply in other things.x
    www.deemako.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your look dear!
    http://laviecestchic.blogspot.it
    facebook.com/laviecestchic

    ReplyDelete
  6. MONDAY RANT I LIKE
    fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

THANK YOU FOR READING, DONT FORGET TO DROP YOUR COMMENTS.

Popular posts from this blog

STYLE - WHO ROCKED IT WELL?

Good day beautiful people, due to popular demand *winks* am doing this post, my last post about the yellow mustard had most of  my readers trying out the mustard colour and sending them to me. Of all the entries I have received, I chose three and decided my readers should vote who rocked it well. My apologies to you, if you sent a picture and I didn't post it. Here are the pictures of the three ladies you would be voting for: Ada Linda Uche Did I forget to mention that the person with the highest vote would receive an ETHNIQUE accessory hand crafted by me, yes me. Don forget, voting ends on Friday the 23rd of August 2013. Now let the voting start, throw in you comments and votes.

POST EVENT RELEASE - LADIES AT HANG OUT WITH TEE4

It’s been a month since Hangoutwithtee hosted its 4 th edition of the Hangoutwithtee ladies event and the feedback has been incredibly positive and the overall event was received as “inspirational”! The ladies gathered Sunday afternoon, March 18 th , 2018 at Firewood, Sabo Yaba for an afternoon of fun with 150+ women in attendance.   Tomi Odunsi at the 4th Edition of Hangout With Tee

FEATURED - HANDMAID IN AFRICA:ANKARA CRAFT

I like to celebrate people who inspire others; I like to celebrate Africa, I like to celebrate young entrepreneurs like myself. The last time I was at the 2013 July edition of the LPM, I met an interesting young woman who fascinated me with her works by breaking away from the norm and doing something different. It’s the CEO Hand Maid in Africa, let’s meet her. Nene Aderohunmu is a young woman who is into stationeries such as pencil cups, books, sticky pads, diary, and household decorative like wall frames, picture frames, and jewelry box all made with Ankara and hand crafted by her. ETHNIQUE:  How and when did you start?