Hi everyone, I am still on this New Year Resolution matter o! As part of the Resolution to keep looking glam, sharing tips, keeping up as a Transitioning Naturalista and lot more, Its due to popular demand I am doing this post. Alot of people have asked me to share my transitioning tips and how I mange to take care of my Natural hair in such shinny bouncy Afro.
I am not a Natural hair blogger, but on my blog I like to share tips, talk about my personal style and lots more. Here are Steps as to how I achieved my Afro:
· I do my hair wash day after I have taken out my extension, I wash my hair with Dark and Lovely shampoo.
· Deep condition my hair with Olive Oil Hair Mayonnaise and Dark and Lovely Conditioning mask.
· Rap my hair in a towel to reduce the wetness, then allow it to air dry.
· I apply Shea Butter.
· Then I plait my hair with thread to stretch it, so as to enable me comb it ( I learnt this trick from Sandra of www.naijagirlnextdoor.blogspot.com )
· After taking off the thread, I comb my hair in an up do direction with a finger comb, and then press it down with my palms to shape it to an Afro.
· I finally apply spray gel to lock in strands. Am good to go
Me on threads for stretch
Most people like to part their Afro by the side, some people like to put a hair rose to accessorize the Afro, some like to make it into a Fro hawk.
How would you rock your Afro?
Photo Credit: Ethniques Camera, Internet pictures.