Skip to main content

TIPS- GOING WITH THE FRO / HOW TO ROCK THE FULL AND MINI AFRO AS A TRANSITIONING NATURALISTA

Hi everyone, I am still on this New Year Resolution matter o! As part of the Resolution to keep looking glam, sharing tips, keeping up as a Transitioning Naturalista and lot more, Its due to popular demand I am doing this post. Alot of people have asked me to share my transitioning tips and how I mange to take care of my Natural hair in such shinny bouncy Afro.
Mini AfroFull Afro
#SONAPPTURAL                                     

I am not a Natural hair blogger, but on my blog I like to share tips, talk about my personal style and lots more. Here are Steps as to how I achieved my Afro:
·         I do my hair wash day after I have taken out my extension, I wash my hair with Dark and Lovely shampoo.
 
·         Deep condition my hair with Olive Oil Hair Mayonnaise and Dark and Lovely Conditioning mask.
 
·         Rap  my hair in a towel to reduce the wetness, then allow it to air dry.
 
·         I apply Shea Butter.
 
·         Then I plait my hair with thread to stretch it, so as to enable me comb it ( I learnt this trick from Sandra of www.naijagirlnextdoor.blogspot.com )

·         After taking off the thread, I comb my hair in an up do direction with a finger comb, and then press it down with my palms to shape it to an Afro.

·         I finally apply spray gel to lock in strands. Am good to go
  Products Used
Me on threads for stretch
 
 I used an elastic hair band to get the Mini Afro look My Afro Transitioning stage.
Most people like to part their Afro by the side, some people like to put a hair rose to accessorize the Afro, some like to make it into a Fro hawk.
 
 How would you rock your Afro?
Photo Credit: Ethniques Camera, Internet pictures.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Comments

  1. Wow! You are elegantly gorgeous in these pictures. You also got talents in hair making...... Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING AMAZING...I should refer people here as i keep getting question about natural hair.
    www.deemako.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the fro it cute if you style it well
    fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old skool bk in vogue. Will consider growing mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fro chica! How do you maintain your hair at night?

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KLP, I wrap a silk scarf round my head from the back to the front, then restyle it without difficulty into an afro the next morning.

      Delete
  6. Heeey thanks for the shout out :*
    Your hair makes me want to chop now. Your face is gorge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HO! sandra girl i want my hair to be as long and as healthy as yours, am still on the journey, following your tips. thanks for the compliment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

THANK YOU FOR READING, DONT FORGET TO DROP YOUR COMMENTS.

Popular posts from this blog

STYLE - WHO ROCKED IT WELL?

Good day beautiful people, due to popular demand *winks* am doing this post, my last post about the yellow mustard had most of  my readers trying out the mustard colour and sending them to me. Of all the entries I have received, I chose three and decided my readers should vote who rocked it well. My apologies to you, if you sent a picture and I didn't post it. Here are the pictures of the three ladies you would be voting for: Ada Linda Uche Did I forget to mention that the person with the highest vote would receive an ETHNIQUE accessory hand crafted by me, yes me. Don forget, voting ends on Friday the 23rd of August 2013. Now let the voting start, throw in you comments and votes.

POST EVENT RELEASE - LADIES AT HANG OUT WITH TEE4

It’s been a month since Hangoutwithtee hosted its 4 th edition of the Hangoutwithtee ladies event and the feedback has been incredibly positive and the overall event was received as “inspirational”! The ladies gathered Sunday afternoon, March 18 th , 2018 at Firewood, Sabo Yaba for an afternoon of fun with 150+ women in attendance.   Tomi Odunsi at the 4th Edition of Hangout With Tee

FEATURED - HANDMAID IN AFRICA:ANKARA CRAFT

I like to celebrate people who inspire others; I like to celebrate Africa, I like to celebrate young entrepreneurs like myself. The last time I was at the 2013 July edition of the LPM, I met an interesting young woman who fascinated me with her works by breaking away from the norm and doing something different. It’s the CEO Hand Maid in Africa, let’s meet her. Nene Aderohunmu is a young woman who is into stationeries such as pencil cups, books, sticky pads, diary, and household decorative like wall frames, picture frames, and jewelry box all made with Ankara and hand crafted by her. ETHNIQUE:  How and when did you start?