Skip to main content

STILL ON THE KNOTS- TYPES OF TIE KNOTS AND HOW TO KNOT THE TIE FOR STYLISH MEN

Hi lovelies, HAPPY NEW MONTH, Am sorry for not posting regularly, but am here now. HAPPY NEW MONTH, Due to popular demand from e-mails I have gotten, concerning the Father's day post, most guys in the mail insisted that I put up fashion blog post for men, so here I am with the post TYPES OF TIE KNOTS AND HOW TO KNOT THE TIE FOR STYLISH MEN. Not just for men too, but for women who would like to help their men Knot their Tie, You can also make a living from knotting Ties.

So I listened to a group of stylish men argue during lunch hour at a friends office, funny enough it wasn't about football or Girls, It was about the NeckTie. I got so enlightened from that argument, I went away with points and tips for a blog post "Learning and Sharing is an everyday process" From my research, This are the helpful tips I came up with. The thing with the Necktie can not be completely over emphasized, but I tried my best to help you all with useful tips.
TYPES OF TIE KNOTS
 
Kelvin Knots                                                       Prince Albert Knots
 
Simple knots                                                 Four in hand Knot

Balthus Knots                                                                    Pratt Knot
 
Half windsor Knots                                     Eldredge Knots



Trinity Knots                                                                          Murrell Knots


Van Wijk Knots                                       Full Windsor Knots


Bow Tie Knots                                                    Agape Knots


AtlanticKnots                                                                     Cape Knots


Cross Knots                                                         Floating spiral Knots


Glennie Knots                                                                   Krasny Hourglass


Linwood Taurus Knots                               Miniature Knots
 
Onassis Knots                                             True Love Knots
  Tulip Knots
These are the various types of Knots, you can Visit www.agreeordie.com to know about their origin
The common type of Tie we see here on the Red carpet, in Offices and Events are The BOWTIE, FOUR IN HAND KNOTS, WINDSOR KNOT & THE PRATT KNOT
PICTORIAL STEP BY STEP METHOD OF KNOTTING THE FOUR COMMON TYPES 
  
There are Different ties for different Occasions. 
The pratt is the easiest and commonest. Follow this Link HERE to learn more on how to Tie different knots.
                                 HOW TO SELECT A TIE

  • Check out the SIZE,  keep in mind there are different sizes and shapes for different Knots.
  • Check out the FABRIC, wool, silk and cashmere.
  • Construction.
  • Colour more than any order thing should be taken into consideration, your complexion, colour of shirt should be considered.
  • Pattern is the most important of them all, a tie with stripes, a tie with polka dots, a plain tie, a tie with flowered patterns should be rightly selected for the right kind of shirt.  
A Flowered Print tie for a Plain shirt
A Tie with small stripes for a shirt with less bold stripes
A Plain Tie for a Suit crowned with a pocket square.
Hope you enjoyed this tips, you can try it out and send me photos, check your search engines for videos on how to knot them, now you know their names.


PhotoCredit: Internet Pictures




Comments

  1. Nice post, I never knew that there are different knots. The trinity is my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very rich post.just too many knots to learn but then ill make do with the regular ones

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Trinity Knot is the bomb
    www.fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely post. http://leeznijis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always disliked ties... I always found them so pointless... but I will admit that some of the ones in these pictures don't look half bad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

THANK YOU FOR READING, DONT FORGET TO DROP YOUR COMMENTS.

Popular posts from this blog

STYLE - WHO ROCKED IT WELL?

Good day beautiful people, due to popular demand *winks* am doing this post, my last post about the yellow mustard had most of  my readers trying out the mustard colour and sending them to me. Of all the entries I have received, I chose three and decided my readers should vote who rocked it well. My apologies to you, if you sent a picture and I didn't post it. Here are the pictures of the three ladies you would be voting for: Ada Linda Uche Did I forget to mention that the person with the highest vote would receive an ETHNIQUE accessory hand crafted by me, yes me. Don forget, voting ends on Friday the 23rd of August 2013. Now let the voting start, throw in you comments and votes.

POST EVENT RELEASE - LADIES AT HANG OUT WITH TEE4

It’s been a month since Hangoutwithtee hosted its 4 th edition of the Hangoutwithtee ladies event and the feedback has been incredibly positive and the overall event was received as “inspirational”! The ladies gathered Sunday afternoon, March 18 th , 2018 at Firewood, Sabo Yaba for an afternoon of fun with 150+ women in attendance.   Tomi Odunsi at the 4th Edition of Hangout With Tee

FEATURED - HANDMAID IN AFRICA:ANKARA CRAFT

I like to celebrate people who inspire others; I like to celebrate Africa, I like to celebrate young entrepreneurs like myself. The last time I was at the 2013 July edition of the LPM, I met an interesting young woman who fascinated me with her works by breaking away from the norm and doing something different. It’s the CEO Hand Maid in Africa, let’s meet her. Nene Aderohunmu is a young woman who is into stationeries such as pencil cups, books, sticky pads, diary, and household decorative like wall frames, picture frames, and jewelry box all made with Ankara and hand crafted by her. ETHNIQUE:  How and when did you start?